Fire Resistant Support Systems
In the event of a fire, an untreated joist’s web burns through about 70% faster than its top and bottom chords. With a compromised web, the joist cannot support the intended load. Add evacuation time and peace of mind with ProTEKtor® IIJ.
ProTEKtor® IIJ Fire-Rated joists are evaluated to meet code requirements for fire-resistant construction.
Specifically designed for harsh climates. ProTEKtor® IIJ binds to the surface of the wood to form a tough and durable coating, protecting joists from potential fire threats.
- treated on web and flange with ProTEKtor II and installed using normal joist hanging practices and methods
- no special equipment required for cutting
- non-toxic, non-carcinogenic, and completely safe to handle – compliance with LEED standards for emissions
- factory applied coating for quality and reliability of performance
- specifically designed for harsh climates
- certified CAN/ULC-S102